With the Stanley Cup Finals underway (Game 2 tonight on NBC), there isn’t a lot to talk about with the Rangers until the offseason rolls around. Apart from European and College free agents, not much action has happened and there are just rumors flying around right now.
Everything that can be said about the Rangers has been said. A week or so ago, Larry Brooks surprised everyone by saying that there’s almost nobody that is off limits in a trade, with Lundqvist, Buchnevich and Skjei being the only untouchables. But Alain VIgneault backed that statement, going even further when talking to reporters at a golf tournament in Canada yesterday. Read the rest of this entry
After a much needed day off following back-to-back games with travel, the Rangers were back on the ice this morning prior to Sunday night’s home game against the Detroit Red Wings.
In the last game against Toronto, Captain Ryan McDonagh was elbowed in the chin by Leo Komarov, who was suspended for three games. The injury to McDonagh came less than two weeks after he sustained a concussion against the Flyers.
Luckily, McDonagh did not get another concussion, passing the NHL’s protocol test in Toronto and last night as well. The Rangers announced that he had a jaw contusion and a neck spasm, and he will have a CT scan on his jaw later today. He will definitely miss tomorrow’s game against Detroit. Read the rest of this entry
There’s an infestation of injury bugs in the New York Ranger locker room.
Just three games after learning that Derek Stepan would miss upward of a month due to broken ribs, the Rangers announced that Kevin Klein will miss the next 2-3 weeks with an oblique strain.
In last night’s game against the Hurricanes, Klein skated over to the bench, hunched over in the first period. He headed to the locker room and never returned. There was no contact that led to the injury. Read the rest of this entry
Notable Prospect Notes
- Buchnevich has been excellent with Severstal of the KHL, playing on the top line as one of the leading scorers. Buchnevich has six goals and 10 assists in 23 games.
- Leading in points for the Wolf Pack with eight points in ten games played (3G, 5A)
- Signed in free agency; Played for the Penguins and Columbus
- Likely to be called up if a third-line player is injured
- Highly touted 1st rounder taken by the Ranger 28th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
- Has played in all ten AHL games so far
- Statline: 0G, 3A, 3P; +1 with 0 PIM